August 16, 2009

NCP Moms - a rarely discussed topic






Doug Says:

July 28th, 2009 at 4:40 pm
Trisha,

I do sympathize with your plight, as much as I sympathize with any one (male or female) in this situation. Bad people come in both genders.

But this is equality....why should you be treated differently? Are you saying you should be?


I read the article and in no place did I see her ask to be treated differently. I saw her say that men are not the only ones to go through this issue. I know many women who are on the verge of homelessness or those who are there. Yet when "society" looks at these moms, they must be unfit monsters. They are not. They are many times women who have issues that could be fixed (like Spears) or in most cases, they have battled against an abusive ex-partner and LOST. And the NCM's who have lost ahve something else to bear, the children have lost too.

Armageddon Says:

July 28th, 2009 at 5:07 pm
Trisha-

NC Moms are like men with breast cancer. Same problem, tiny percentage of those who suffer from the condition.

However, unlike male breast cancer, NC Moms often don't have as severe of a condition. (If I remember correctly) less than half of NC Mothers are ordered to pay CS. When they are ordered, it's often a lower amount. From anecdotal evidence, I've seen mothers who are behind in CS get lenient treatment compared to men with arrears.


Okay lets examine this statistic posed by Armageddon. According to http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_1X_What_are_the_key_statistics_for_male_breast_cancer_28.asp, there were 1910 diagnosed cases of breast cancer in the US. Now how many diagnosed cases are there of NCM's? According to http://www.brainchildmag.com/essays/spring2009_read.asp there are over 2.2 million NCM's in the US. Hmmm that sort of puts your little comparison in doubt now doesn;t it Armageddon?

And here we have the ever-present "doubter":

Lewis Says:

July 28th, 2009 at 8:46 pm
I hate to be the cynic here and I'm certainly sorry for Trisha's plight but I have to ask if 'Trisha' is an alias? I can't help but wonder if she might have a more traditionally masculine appellation and got snagged because some bureaucrat thought she was male.

I'm also curious as to how many men may have been got up in the burst of energy that netted Trisha. Mostly this sort of thing comes as part of a big effort by the bureaucracy to crack down on the 'deadbeats' doesn't it?


Hmmm I wonder if his name was Tom would we be having this conversation Lewis?

And here we have more woman hate from Armageddon:

Armageddon Says:

July 29th, 2009 at 10:00 am
i find this hilarious because I've heard it a lot usually from the same people who claim that family courts are gender neutral

Isn't cognitive dissonance a wonderful thing? ;)

The courts are gender neutral, but there is no way a mother would lose custody unless she was really unfit!

Either they are holding two opposing beliefs as true, or their definition of "gender neutral" means women are superior to men.


You notice he does exactly as the NCM's say? Well if she lost the kids, she was unfit.

Or how about this (now we know again that this IS All about child support):

Burke Says:

July 29th, 2009 at 1:32 pm
...I myself am fairly lucky now that my kids are getting older, and are spending more time with me. I get them more then 50% of the time in the summer and vacations i get them plus every second week-end. I'm not sure what that works out to as a % but my payments sure don't change in the summer thats for sure.


Burke your time in the summer is already figured into the child support calculations. Also the need for the chidlren to have a home does not magically "go away" just because they are visiting you.

And last but not least, the ultimate "she must be bad, this never happens to women cry - the one these men are so damned good at:

DC Wornock Says:

August 6th, 2009 at 2:35 pm
The story is an obvious fabrication. It is not possible for that to have happened to a woman.

No comments:

enter