April 9, 2009

Are you drunk, metalman? Petunia thinks you are......

26
metalman Says:

March 18th, 2009 at 9:44 am
I think a lot of people are missing the point here, which is, I believe . . .

Reliable studies show that the majority of SEVERE DV injuries sustained by men and women occur when the DV is reciprocal - in other words, when two losers are habitually beating the crap out of one another. In that kind of situation, there is usually a long history of strife - to the point where it doesn't matter who started what particular fight. All cops know this, which is one of the reasons why they wince at answering DV calls - because in addition to tending to and subduing angry and violent people, they are forced to listen to hours of he said/ she said from people who are drunk and/or high.

I know this because my brother, who is a cop, and his cop friends, have all told me the same thing.




2 comments:

PR said...

So you're saying that if two people get drunk and start beating on each other, it's all the mans fault?


LK

Glenn's Cult? said...

No LK that is not what I am saying (rolls eyes). I am saying that these men (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) on the cult board (and this man in particular) generalize about all women. Just because this man (again must use that terminology since he uses it, but he is a far cry from a man in my book) says that his friend or family member is a cop and all dv incidents are about druunk or drugged up people, does not make it a fact.

There are many dv situations which are not about drugs or alcohol being involved.

You sure do stratch and reach pretty far out there LK, what is your story?

enter