September 3, 2011

Drunk dad charged with manslaughter; ran over and killed 2-year-old daughter with lawn mower (Lexington, Kentucky)

This poor little dear. I can only imagine how horrific her last moments were. And dear daddy REFUSED to submit to alcohol screening? Whortie wonders why oh why do these daddies have these little babies. A two year old no matter their gender belongs with mommy. And there is no mention of mommy in the original article? Where was mommy? Will they charge her as they always end up doing with failure to protect? Sometimes mommy can do nothing but sit back and pray.

I can only hope that this dear child's last moments were as painless as possible. And I hope this is one time they will hold daddy dearest accountable. Chances are not good though, daddy was NOT arrested - he was given a summons to appear. Wonder if he will even show up?

Father Charged With Manslaughter In Daughter's Death In Lawn Mower Incident
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 12:01 PM
Updated: Sep 2, 2011 12:38 PM

A Lexington father whose two-year old daughter fell off a riding lawn mowing he was operating and and was run over and killed by him has been charged with manslaughter.

Police who worked the case on Hillgate Drive back in May called it one of the most heartwrenching they'd ever seen. Police say Jackson McReynolds actions that day were reckless, and because they say he'd also been drinking, they've charged the 41-year old with manslaughter in the death of his daughter, Adelaide.

The citation, served to McReynolds on Monday says the girl was sitting in a child's chair on the top of the family's Zero Turn lawn mower when McReynolds made a turn and the child fell from the chair.

Court documents say before he could stop, McReynolds ran over his daughter before he even noticed that she wasn't in the seat.

Police say when they arrived, they noticed alcohol on McReynolds' breath. The part owner of Suggins Bar and Grill told investigators McReynolds, a Suggins employee, had consumed two one pint beers at work prior to coming home, but refused to submit to alcohol test after the incident.

After getting a search warrant, blood and urine were taken from McReynolds and came back with a blood alcohol level of .04. However a doctor at the state medical examiner's office said that McReynolds blood alcohol level at the time of the incident would have been closer to .115.

McReynolds was not arrested, but was served a summons to appear in court September 12.


No comments: